Sunday 23 August 2015

Getting your Skin into Shape with Skin Shape Club

Those of you that know me, you've probably noticed me talking about some new facial treatment that I've tried recently. And, after waiting for the management to send me some photos, I am finally writing about it.

So, Samplestore has given me the opportunity to go for 4 trial facial sessions at Skin Shape Club for its signature Skin Shaper Program.

What is Skin Shaper (Facial) Program?
  • Uses LHE (Light, & Heat Energy)
    • Yes, they use a machine for this program
  • Offers younger, healthier looking skin
    • Boasts skin rejunvenation, collagen renewal and acne clearance
  • Fast Treatment (within 30-45mins)
    • No Downtime yet discreet and gentle treatment
On my first trip, I met up with Jasmine - one of the consultant therapist at Skin Shape Club, a bubbly personality that makes you feel at ease when talking to. She was the one that guided me through the introduction and 'orientation'.


With almost every procedure, you will need to disclose your personal information and your medical history. Always make sure to fill it out as accurately as possible because you never know what is being used. Especially when you have allergies or sensitivity to some products - no matter how small, please make sure to tell the consultant. Anyhow, I filled out the application and Jasmine looked through to double confirm some of her concerns. She will also check with you what are your insecurities or what you would like to improve for your face that she can help with and she will begin a pre-examination. I was pretty amazed that results from that one "SMART WEIGHING MACHINE" as I call it. Please forgive me because I didn't ask for the actual term for the machine. Haha. Anyway, the results were pretty amazing - the happiest being my metabolism age is only 19, i..e 5 years younger than actual yo! Hahaha. I can eat and eat and burn. But the fat % is almost at its max. So, I really really get back to my routine and start working out again. 
The 'Orientation/ Introduction' pack I received after my first treatment

I'll talk about how the facial is in a while. For now, How does it feel (ambience) when you're there?
I like the simplicity of the place.
Feels less cluttered and doesn't make you feel overwhelmed.
Another cute balloon - but now its gone...
Back to the air where it belongs.
 The treatment rooms are also very simple,
Bed with warmer.
(Sorry, I took this after my treatment. Pardon the messy bed)

Small wardrobe for your belongings

Frankly speaking, I have not done any facial in my life prior to this. I AM SERIOUS. Jasmine found it hard to believe but she made sure she explained what to expect - like redness and swells if there were extractions. And I think she went easy on me for the first 2 treatments. Come by the 3rd and I was having very bad breakouts. Especially because I was PROBABLY stressed out due to the upcoming exams, work and all that flying around, she started the extractions. I'm good with pain but my tears weren't. They just started welling up inside my eyes and the moment I opened them, they started flowing like a river. I'll show you some photos, please brace yourself for the bad acned forehead (if there even is the word "acned") and the redness/ swells.
First session - where there are pimples, dispersed and small
Session 3 and 4 are just my bad skin
How did I liked Skin Shaper Program?
Overall, I liked how gentle the LHE treatment is on the skin. To compare between Session 1's AFTER with Session's 2 AFTER, you (rather I) actually see lesser pimples and pigmentation. Like I mentioned previously, session 3 and 4 was a bad time with more pimples - an acne-fest on my forehead. Hahaha. And coupled with the extractions, they were exceptionally red and swollen. Frankly, I actually have pretty sensitive skin. Even when I went for eyebrow trimming/ threading, I would always leave the beautician's with a red eyelid. Hahaha.

What is done during the Skin Shaper Program?
  1. Your face will be cleansed and exfoliated to remove impurities and dead skin (if any)
    • This allows for better penetration for the LHE
  2. The LHE applicator will be placed on your skin and later administered the pulses
    • You will feel warm pulses
      • If it gets too hot for you, please let the consultant know
      • Also, please make sure to follow the consultants instructions as the LHE light is pretty strong and some pulses are made close to your eyes. To safeguard them, listen! Hahaha.
  3. Serum will be applied after the LHE followed by a mask.
Sometimes, between step 1 and 2, there will be a need for extractions. This is where the additional 15min I buffered earlier in this post comes in. Generally, the Skin Shaper Program only needs 30mins or so. But if you require extractions, it might take longer. Jasmine told me that extractions is necessary or else the LHE pulses will not be able to penetrate deep into the skin. And when they don't, you won't be able to see visible results. So, ladies (and gentlemen), please bear with it. Price (Pain) we all pay for beauty.

How often should you indulge your skin with the Skin Shaper Program?
According to Jasmine and the brochure, it should be 6-12 sessions at weekly intervals - depending on your skin condition - before switching to a monthly maintenance program. This treatment is rather gentle yet result-oriented, suitable for most skin types and skin tone. For people with darker skin tone, more consultation might be required before proceeding. I also recall that the skin will also be more sensitive to sunlight after the treatments, because Jasmine will always remind me after the treatment (she knows I'm lazy with sunscreen), so please make sure you protect your skin enough. I'm not lazy any more, I've found my solution (P.s. I will share it with you guys in a different post soon)!!!

The most important and final question.
Where is Skin Shape Club and how much does the treatment cost?
Skin Shape Club is located in the heart of town, level 3 of Orchard Central.
If you need to know, the address is 181 Orchard Road #03-13/14 Orchard Central (S) 238896.
From the centre court of OC, please take the escalator to the 3rd floor. Turn to your right and walk straight into the aisle. You will come across molecule, pink parlour before you see the Skin Shape Club.

The Skin Shaper Facial Program is priced at SGD120 for 30mins, but new customers can enjoy 4 trial sessions at the price of SGD128 (i.e., only SGD32/ session). Do check out their website at http://www.skinshapeclub.com/ to see their products, treatments and offers. You may wish to call them at +65 6589 8331 or email your enquires to enquiry@skinshapeclub.com. Alternatively, you can go to their website and there's a live chat option that should help you with your queries.

I've finished my trial program and I actually did sign up for additional packages. I had to give myself a break because of all the work commitments over the past 3 weeks. But coming September, I will be back to 'restart' my program for a consecutive 4 weeks and judging how my skin is after, I might reduce my remaining sessions to a monthly maintenance. I might post an update on this in October. For now, I will be leaving you with images of the lounge area and the food they served. Did I forget to mention that after every treatment, you will be treated to a 'meal' (or dessert)? Hahaha.
Lounge 'Sofa'
Window view tables - facing KPO
My First & Last Meal at Skin Shape Trial Sessions.
I had the same thing on the first session and my 4th session.
Session 2 - ABC soup! Yummy
Session 3 - Porridge with Crabmeat, Carrot and Egg
Already thinking of food now. Ciaos~!

No comments:

Post a Comment